Physiotherapy & Aquatherapy / Hydrotherapy Related Services for Solicitors and Deputies
In addition to the services we provide for Case Managers we can provide physiotherapy, aquatic physiotherapy (hydrotherapy) and advice for clients that have received interim and full payments under the direction of a case manager or deputy. We have in depth knowledge of the costs and time involved in setting up packages of physiotherapy care, training carers, providing programmes and guidelines, liaising with other professionals, advising on P.E., and physical activities, trialling and setting up equipment and managing orthotics.
Our staff have worked in the NHS and private sector and are aware of the constraints imposed on statutory services. We therefore aim to complement what is available to your client and are realistic in our recommendations for joint working.
Our brand new state of the art, fully accessible hydrotherapy pool has market leading water and air filtration systems with the latest skin-friendly UV and chemical infection control, underfloor heating, site fully wheelchair accessible, 2 changing rooms with ceiling track hoists from changing beds to pool, additional poolside hoist with detachable shower chair and pool plinth, additional accessible toilet and changing room, 2 additional changing rooms with showers, additional toilet and on-site parking.
We offer a range of options for your clients including, but not exclusive to:
Intensive rehabilitation blocks (including SDR)
We provide individual or small group blocks of intensive therapy which include land/gym based and hydrotherapy sessions each day for one or two weeks. Most of our clients have cerebral palsy, a spinal cord injury or brain injury. We match groups by age and GMFCS Level. Goals are agreed at the initial assessment and achievements are reviewed on the last day. Your client will be provided with a report for their team at home, and a hand over of their programmes to continue at home and/or in their local or school pool if they have access to one.
We also run 3, 5 and 10 day SDR rehabilitation programmes.
See more about our intensive therapy blocks here.
- Hiring the pool for exclusive use with or without a physiotherapist and poolside rescue trained assistant. Sessions can be video-ed to provide evidence of improvement/comparative abilities on land and in the pool, before and after treatment blocks or intensive rehabilitation. We can also provide a clinical effectiveness report if required
- One off aquatic physiotherapy/hydrotherapy assessment with clinical effectiveness report supplied
- Individual treatment with an Aquatic Physiotherapist
- Individual treatment with an Aquatic Therapist
- Shared treatment session with another pool user sharing the Aquatic Physiotherapist or Aquatic Therapist (carer or family member required in pool unless fully ambulant and safe to be unsupervised)
- Group session with Aquatic Physiotherapist or Aquatic Therapist present
- Self-management group with rescue trained Aquatic Therapist poolside
- Aquaepps® courses, individual or group training
- Carer and family member training with or without client/child, courses, individual or group training
- One on one special needs swimming lessons
Advice on pool design and work with architects is undertaken through our sister company Aquaepps, please contact us for details.
Land based clinic and gym
We also have a brand-new clinic treatment rooms, offices, training facilities and gym with receptionist, mobile hoist, fully accessible toilet, and on-site parking. This site is also fully wheelchair accessible and is connected to the hydrotherapy pool facilities.
The treatment rooms open out into one large room via interconnecting doors that lends itself to the perfect space for trialling large pieces of equipment such as the Innowalk, casting for orthotics or measuring for DMO suits or similar. This room is also ideal for training.
We offer a range of service options for your clients including, but not exclusive to:
- Hiring the facilities for exclusive use with or without a physiotherapist
- Individual treatment with a Specialist Physiotherapist. Sessions can be video-ed to provide evidence of improvement before and after treatment blocks or intensive rehabilitation. We can also provide a clinical effectiveness report if required
- Individual session with a Physiotherapy Assistant Practitioner.
Under 5’s individual and group sessions (mainly children with dystonic CP)
- Group session with Physiotherapist or Physiotherapy Assistant Practitioner present
- Carer training with or without client/child, courses, individual or group training
- Kids and Teens group therapeutic exercise and gym classes
- Kids and teens therapeutic pilates (individual or group)
- Kids and teens therapeutic yoga
- Hypermobility group
- Baby massage
We also have business rooms available for hire with receptionist, free wi-fi, shared toilet and kitchen facilities if required for MDT or case management meetings etc. (Long term room hire arrangements are not available).
NB: We do not provide clinical negligence or medico-legal reports, we are a clinical and rehabilitation centre. If your expert wishes to hire our facilities for this purpose, they must contact the centre directly.